About Mountain Men Moving
Mountain Men Moving is a small, independent moving company started by Kaleb Arnold in 2015. Kaleb has worked for other moving companies in the past but with an independent drive and a desire to help customers his own way, Kaleb decided to branch out on his own to form Mountain Men Moving.
We are based out of Nashville, Tennessee. While we do a majority of our business in Franklin and Brentwood, we are happy to move from and to just about anywhere.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is included in the hourly rate?
- Our hourly rate includes 2 movers, 24′ truck, and all supplies needed including furniture pads, plastic wrap, dollies, straps, tools and more. Our hourly rate does NOT include boxes or packing paper.
- Do I need to take things out of drawers?
- We always tell customers to leave everything in drawers as long as it isn’t breakable (or small enough that it could fall out, i.e. change, paper clips, etc.) because we pad & plastic wrap all furniture. This not only saves time because we are moving less boxes but saves space in the truck as well – both of which save you money!
- Will you assemble/disassemble furniture?
- We sure will! It does add time to the move but we are more than happy to do this for you.
- When does the clock start and end?
- We start your move time from the moment we arrive at the first site until the last item comes off the truck at the end site. Occasionally, if you are out of our service area, we charge a flat fee for travel but you will be informed of this ahead of time.
- Is there anything I should move myself?
- There are a few items that are simply easier for you to take in your car – lampshades, small pieces of glass (such as glass shelves) and so on. We are more than happy to take these items in the truck but if customers want to take them with them, we encourage it.
- Do you move pianos, gun safes, etc?
- This is all on a case-by-case basis. We do move most upright pianos with no problem. We typically contract out a company for baby grand pianos and so on. We are able to move gun safes but will need specifications about the particular model you are needing moved.
- Do you move hot tubs?
- No, unfortunately, we do not move hot tubs.